Dear Kavod Families, Friends, and Supporters,
Thank you for your interest in Kavod Elementary Charter School. I wanted to update you on some recent decisions that the Kavod Board has made and the work that we have been doing to prepare for our September 2013 opening. The following list is a quick overview and I will send more detailed information on many of the topics in the coming weeks and months.
- I am happy to announce that we will be welcoming new students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade in the 2013-14 school year. After next year, incoming students will be accepted in grades K-2.
- Our “Open Enrollment” window for the 2012-13 school year is August 1, 2012 – January 15, 2013. You can begin applying now! http://kavodelementary.org/enroll/
- We are looking for facilities and one option that we are pursuing is locating on a San Diego Unified District facility for our first few years. You can help us apply for Prop 39 by filling out the enrollment form.
- Ronit Ron-Yerushalmi, our Hebrew Curriculum Coordinator, has been working in conjunction with the Hebrew Charter Schools Center to develop our Hebrew curriculum. Ronit and I are both excited by the opportunity to create a comprehensive Hebrew language development plan and materials during this year.
- In addition to collaborating with the Kavod Board to insure that we have a high functioning organization, I have been attending professional development on the new “California Common Core Standards.” This information will be put to good use this year, as we plan and develop curriculum that aligns with the most current academic expectations.