Hello Kavod Family and Friends,
A quick update to keep everyone in the loop with what’s going on with Kavod Elementary as we enter 2013.
- We are in the middle of a very competitive hiring process for our new Director. Many highly qualified educators and administrators are interested in joining the Kavod community! As soon as we choose the best candidate we will let you know. We have a great hiring panel including: Cinda Doughty, our outgoing Director; Ronit Ron-Yerushalmi, our Hebrew Curriculum Coordinator; Aaron Listhaus, Executive Director of the Hebrew Charter School Center; Sue Choi Bawale, a Kavod Board member who is an early childhood education consultant for the California Department of Education; and other professionals with charter school experience.
- Outreach efforts have continued through the winter and we are currently distributing our brand new postcards. If you would like some to place in your pediatrician’s offices, dentist’s offices or preschools please let us know. Additionally, if you want to host a Parent Info Session at your home, please email Ronit at Ronit@KavodElementary.org. We are specifically looking for North County coastal and North County inland homes as well as homes for morning sessions beginning in January.
- Curriculum development is ongoing. Ronit will be flying to New York for Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) training at the Hebrew Language Academy in Brooklyn along with HCSC’s Director of Hebrew Educational Services, Shlomit Lipton.
- The Board is actively seeking new members. If you are interested or know someone that would be a good fit, please email me at tamar@KavodElementary.org and include a letter of interest and resume.
- Kavod’s Parent Committee co-chairs Sandi Masori and Leah Golembesky are planning events for future Kavod parents and students to get to know each other. The next event will be on January 13th at 10:00am. Save the Date and look for an Evite soon.
- Open Enrollment ends January 15th. If you have not yet filled out an Intent to Enroll form, please go to www.KavodElementary.org/enroll and fill one out now. Beginning January 16th we will be informing parents of their enrollment status.
- Our Prop 39 form was accepted! We will find out on February 1st which location the district is offering us.
We hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years and look forward to lots of exciting announcements in the near future!
Tamar Caspi Shnall
Kavod Elementary Charter School