To promote the culture of respect and honor, Kavod students will be required to wear uniform-type school attire.
Benefits of a Dress Code
- Proven to increase student achievement. Promotes a more serious school atmospherewhich emphasizes academics and promotes good behavior.
2. Reduces social conflict, peer pressure and the prevalence of certain behaviors that may be associated with appearance.
3. Reduces tardiness because students spend less time worrying about what to wear to school.
The Kavod dress code consists of a variety of mix and match options as indicated below.
|Tops:||Short sleeve polos or long sleeve polos: Kavod Blues (Navy, Light Blue, Turquoise), White, Gray, or Black or a Kavod Apparel T-shirt.- plain, no writing or images (small shirt brand logos are okay – example: the Nike or Polo symbol, but it cannot be the name of another school)|
|Bottoms*:||Uniform type pants, shorts, and skirts: Navy Blue, Black, Gray or Khaki/BeigeAll bottoms must be plain, no writing or images, and fitted appropriately: no baggy pants, no sweatpants. Tights/Leggings under other bottom attire, socks and ties = free design choice, except no characters; otherwise leggings must adhere to color scheme Jeans may be worn on Fridays that follow the same parameters.|
|In class Sweaters/Sweatshirts:||Solid Color: Kavod Blues (Navy, Light Blue, Turquoise) White, Black or Gray|
|Dresses*:||Girls may wear a dress with the pleated bottom in: Navy Blue, Black, Gray, Khaki/Beige or Light Blue.|
|Outerwear:||On the playground students may wear any school appropriate jacket to stay warm.These must come off before entering the classroom.Outerwear may not have masks or cover a child’s face.Hats, visors and headbands that exceed the top of the scalp may only be worn outside unless
for religious reasons.
* It is highly recommended that girls wear bike shorts or tights under skirts and dresses.
School Policy for Dress Code Violations: If a student is out of Dress Code, they will be asked to change. The school will makes its best attempt to notify the parent. If a child has emergency clothes at the school he/she will be changed into his/her own clothes; otherwise children will be given clothes from the office, if available. Kavod understands some extenuating circumstances may arise, and will enforce the policy as it sees fit for various circumstances. Kavod will not deny entrance to the program based on a student’s inability to obtain the school attire. Please contact the director if you have concerns regarding procurement of the proper school attire
Kavod Elementary encourages and promotes a positive and safe dress code for students, which adheres to a constructive educational environment. Accordingly all students should follow the standards of dress listed below:
- Clothing and jewelry must be safe and appropriate to the educational environment. All clothing must be clean and in good repair. Slits, tears or holes in pants or other articles of clothing are not permitted.
- Head coverings, including hats of any kind, except those worn for religious such as yarmulkes, medical or safety reasons, are not to be worn inside school buildings. Hats may be worn outside for sun protection (Cal. Ed. Code § 35183.5) or warmth. All hats are to be removed upon entering school buildings.
- Slacks, shorts, Capri pants, skirts and skorts are to be worn on the waist with no portion of an undergarment showing.
- As sensible, skirts, dresses, jumpers, shorts, and skorts must be at least mid-length when standing. Stockings or leggings may be worn under skirts or jumpers. Skirts and dresses must have no slits in the sides or backs that expose the leg.
- Trousers must not be longer than ½ inch from the sole of the shoe for safety.
- No baggy styles allowed. No oversized shirts allowed.
- Wearing body piercings other than ear piercings is not permitted.
- Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times. No flip-flops. No heels.
- All students should groom their hair prior to arriving at school.
- The Director may modify this dress code at any time in consideration of student safety and promoting a healthy learning environment.
Change of clothes: It is preferred that your child have an extra set of clothes in school that are in accordance with the dress code. Please label each item of clothing with your child’s name.
Parents and Volunteers: All visitors to the school must dress in a professional and conservative manner.